Picture Collage Maker FAQs
Q: What is Picture Collage Maker and what can I do with it?
A: Picture Collage Maker is all-in-one software which can help you create pictures and photos collage in quick time. With its help, you could import your favorite pictures and photos, edit them with easy operation or prettify it with diverse effects and put it on desktop as wallpaper.
1)Windows NT4.0, 2000, XP (Recommended), Server 2003, VISTA operating system;
2)Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0;
3)Pentium or AMD 233 MHz CPU (Recommended: 500MHz or greater);
4)Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher;
5)128 MB RAM (Recommended: 256MB or greater);
6)200 MB hard drive space available.
Q: Images of which formats can I use to create an Picture Collage?
A: Picture Collage Maker supports the following most popular formats:
* JPEG - Joint Photographic Expert Group format, a lossy compression technique for color images;
* TIF,TIFF – Universal Graphic Format for PC and Mac platforms;
* BMP- Windows bit-mapped graphics format;
* GIF - Graphic Interchange Format, a bit-mapped graphics file format used by World Wide Web;
* PNG - Portable Network Graphics format.
Q: How to lock photo aspect ratio?
A: When editing, you may click right mouse key on the photo in the collage, and select "lock aspect ratio" on the popup menu. With this setting, when you resize the photo, it shall keep the L&W ratio of the original photos.
Q: How to view collage on other computer?
1) If you intend to transfer the collage to another computer and open it by other image viewing software, you may save the collage in JPEG format or other image formats(i.e. save it as a picture).
2) If you intend to transfer the collage to another computer and open it by Picture Collage Maker, you may save the collage in PWP format. After you save it, a PWP document and a folder shall generate correspondingly. For instance, if you save and name the collage as "test", there will be a "test.pwp" document and a "test-PM" folder. Copy this PWP document and folder to the computer you intend to transfer to, you may open and edit it by Picture Collage Maker on it.
Q: How to input photos in Grid Collage Wizard in order?
A: The photos in Grid Collage Wizard is ordered randomly. If you want to customize the order, you may use "Shuffle" function, or click "Finish" and adjust the order as you need manually.
Q: How to add text?
A: You may add the text in collage and drag it to the position as you need respectively. The following steps are for your reference:
There are two methods to enter into text edit window.
1) You may click "Collage" on system menu and click "Add Text" on the dropdown menu.
2) you may click "Add text" icon on window menu.
In the popup text edit window, you may select font, color, background etc. After add the text in collage, resize, rotate and drag it to the position as you need.
Q: How to remove frame?
1)If you intend to remove the white frame on individual photo, you may put cursor on the photo, click right mouse key, and select "clear->clear frame" on the popup menu.
2) If you intend to remove the default white frame on added photos, you may open the "frame pane" on the left of the window, put your cursor on the opened interface, click right mouse key, and select "clear default frame" on the popup menu.
Q: Why I fail to add photos?
A: The error may be caused by improper image format. Our program supports common image formats like jpeg,png,bmp,gif etc. Other less common image format like raw etc is not suitable for our program.
Q: How to purchase CD after finishing a order?
A: The CD of our program needs to be purchased along with order of download version at additional cost. If you intend to purchase CD now, you have to reorder the download version and the CD together, which is not cost effective. We would like to suggest you keep your downloaded installation package of full version well and print the email with registration information as backup.
Q: How to adjust photo inside the frame?
A: When photo is added in frame, the program shall crop the photo to adapt to frame size automatically. If you want to re-position the photo, you may use the "crop" function. Drag the mouse cursor on the photo you intend to re-position, click the right mouse button, find "crop photo" on the pop-up menu, click it into "crop photo" window. In the window, you may move the selection box by pressing and dragging the left mouse button to re-position the image and also may drag the handles around the selection box to resize it as you wish.
Q: How to download additional resources?
A: The additional resources are avaliable for the users of Picture collage Make Pro only. In the email we sent to you after your purchase, the registration code and a full version download link are included in it. You may download and re-install the full version of the program through that link. The full version has already included all functions and additional resources, which does not need any further downloading.
Q: How to remove the watermark in collage project made by trial version?
A: Full version and trial version adopt same collage project format - "*.PWP". The collage project (*.PWP) you created by trial version can be opened by full version as well. Start your full version PCM, click function button of "open an existing document" on the screen menu, select the created collage you need in the popup window, then the collage shall open and there will be no copyright watermark on the output image anymore.
Q: How to print large size collage?
A: It requires very large memory to process large size collage and may take a while to complete the processing. To make high quality collage, please make sure a proper collage page size is selected first. On the 'Collage' menu, click 'Collage Panel Setting' to make general settings for your collage. You can customize page size on this dialog. In "Print Preview" dialog, you can check whether the actual print page size is correct. The default collage DPI is 300, and our product can self adapt with any DPI..
Q: How to print high quality collage?
A: To print high quality collage, please make sure to select proper collage page size first. On the 'Collage' menu, click 'Collage Panel Setting' to make general settings for your collage. You can customize page size on this dialog. In "Print Preview" dialog, you can check whether the actual print page size is correct.
Q: How to save as picture and take outside for printing?
A: If you intend to take the collage outside for printing, like professional print shop or drug store, you need to save the collage as picture first. The following saving steps are for your reference: on the "Collage" menu -> click "Save Collage As Picture" -> select the suitable picture format, such as "JPEG" or "BMP" etc -> specify a folder on your hard disc to save it. You may take it to the shop by saving it in a USB key or by email or any other way convenient for you.
Q: How to save collage as picture?
A: To save the collage as picture, the following steps are for your reference: on the "Collage" menu -> click "Save Collage As Picture" -> select the suitable picture format, such as "JPEG" or "BMP" etc -> specify a folder on your hard disc to save it.
Q: How to save project as template?
A: After creating and editing your photo collage, click "Save As Template" on the Collage menu. A dialog shall pop up. In the dialog, you can preview your collage template and input template name, then click "Save" button.
Q: How to register Picture Collage Maker?
1) You may download the trial version from our official website and install it on your computer, and then inout you license code to register. The steps are as below: start the program->a Registration dialog pops up-> click "Register" button on it->input License Code in the blank field->click "OK".
2) you may download the full version of the program through the download link included within the email we sent to you after your purchase and install it on your new computer..
Q: What are differences between trial version and full version?
A: Full version of our product is our formal product without time limit and copyright watermark. It needs to place an order to purchase.
The trial version of our product is free to download. It includes same functions as full version, but has a 15-day limit and copyright watermark on its output image. .
Q: What are differences between Picture Collage Maker and Picture Collage Maker PRO?
A: Please refer to below webpage for the difference between "Picture Collage Maker" and "Picture Collage Maker Pro": http://www.picturecollagesoftware.com/version-differences.html.
This is a very nice and useful photo collage generator.
Really a great collage software ! Very, very fast and simple.
- Benjamin Glettenberg